Last Updated: October 15, 2015
2. Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Information gathered through the Services may be transferred, used, and stored in the United States and in foreign jurisdictions in which we, our agents, service providers, customers and other users of the Services are located. If you access the Services, you consent to the transfer, use and storage of your Personal Information (as defined below) to and in those jurisdictions. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. You further agree that all transactions relating to the Services, the website or the App shall be deemed to have occurred in the United States.
3. Collection of Personal and Non-Personal Information. Adora collects Personal Information in connection with our Services. “Personal Information” means information that can be used to identify or contact an individual and may include, for example, your name, by itself or combined with your unique user ID, telephone number, password, gender, date of birth, address, email address, your brand preferences, your Facebook, Twitter or other social media handles, your geographic location if you are accessing the Services from a GPS-enabled mobile device, any other personal profile or account information you choose to submit through our Services, and (if applicable) your company name and business contact information, or any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. Adora or its third party payment transactions services provider may also collect credit, debit or other billing account information. You may always choose not to provide Personal Information, but this may prevent you from receiving certain Services. For example, in order to set up a User account, you must provide a valid email address so that you can login and so that we can contact you regarding important account activity. If you do not complete the profile signup process, we will not be able to display Ad Content on your lockscreen and you will not be able to generate ad revenue to be directed to your charity or cause of choice. If you choose to use the share option on the app’s and on our website’s social networking feature to post information to Facebook, Twitter or another social networking sites, we may collect your user ID and password information for that social networking site as necessary to make it easier for you to log in to the Services or interact with your social networks in other ways (for example, to share Ad Content with your friends on those social networks). Specifically, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Services may allow users to access Facebook to interact with friends and to share on Facebook while using Adora. Should you choose to share and interact via Facebook, Adora may collect certain information about you from your Facebook account, which will be specified at the time you first agree to sign in using Facebook. You can edit privacy settings for posts that appear on Facebook or disconnect the Facebook service by using the privacy tools provided through Facebook. Adora may also collect your telephone number, which we may use to verify users and prevent duplicative accounts.
Adora may also collect non-Personal or “anonymous” Information (aggregate, non-individually identifiable or demographic information). An example of non-Personal Information is system-related information such as IP addresses, click-through, phone activity and other App and website use information (for example, we typically track each time you click on Ad Content from your mobile device lockscreen), browser and browser speed, bandwidth of your Internet connectivity, general location of your server and the pages of our website or App that were viewed during a visit. We use this information to manage User and Advertise accounts and for internal purposes to help us diagnose problems, monitor traffic patterns and otherwise continually improve our Services. Please note that the Services may provide links to third party sites, such as links to the websites of Advertisers and other third-party organizations, businesses, and merchants that have agreed to make Ad Content and offers available to Users through Adora. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, practices or the content of websites owned by others that you may link to or that may be linked from the Services. Accordingly, we encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms of service of those websites so that you understand how those websites collect, use and share any Personal Information.
6. Accessing and Updating Personal Information. When you use our Services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backups), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Please e-mail us at [email protected] if you need assistance accessing or changing your Personal Information or if you would like to have your Personal Information deleted. Please be aware that if you delete your Personal Information, you may not be able to continue to use the Services, App or website. Also, even if you request that we delete your Personal Information, we may need to retain certain information for a limited period of time to satisfy our legal, audit and/or dispute resolution requirements.
8. Our Policy on Minors. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18 years of age. Nor do we authorize users who are less than 18 years old to use the Services (including, without limitation, the App and website). If we learn from the individual or from the individual’s parent or legal guardian that we have collected Personal Information about a person under the age of 18, we will make efforts to delete their Personal Information from our systems within a commercially reasonable period of time.
9. Information Security. We utilize reasonable information security measures to safeguard your Personal Information. For example, industry-standard encryption (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure a/k/a “https”) is used to protect communications between our servers and our users’ web browsers and mobile devices. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet and no method of data storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its security.
11. Public Message Boards and Other Online Forums. Please note that when you choose to post messages and/or profile content on messages boards and other online forums that we may make available on our website or App, such content is viewable by third parties and, in the case of public online forums and any public profiles, is publicly viewable. Accordingly, you should exercise discretion with regard to what Personal Information you post on our website or App and you should not post highly confidential or sensitive information. Adora is not responsible for how third parties who view your Personal Information may use this information (such as to send you unsolicited messages).
Attn: Privacy Matters
3260 N. Hayden Rd
Email: [email protected]